Personally, “training” is something I recommend you read up on rather than ask me (see link below), but I can give you some advice on developing your relationship (LDR applies here too).
This could be seen as “training” depending on who you ask, but I prefer to avoid adding definitions to terms without real universally-accepted definitions. I will err on the side of caution here.
An excerpt from that is this, written from the perspective to a submissive:
“What is training?
Training is the idea that you have to learn about your submission and the service the Dominant expects from you. It does involve effort for both parties and it can be intense, some of it can occur at scheduled intervals and some of it can also happen in sessions. But most of the training is simply learning about each other just as any other relationship would develop.”
I am comfortable with that definition, especially the last line.
So, to your question. Here are some things that I find to be helpful.
- Submissive’s journal – I personally think this is invaluable. The place she can become completely vulnerable with her thoughts about your D/s dynamic, her needs, her everything. Everything here is protected and handled with care. If she says something you may not like to hear, like you are not being attentive enough or something – my opinion is that there is no room for punishing her for her thoughts. This is an open book between you and her. These are her feelings and she needs to feel secure in them. Some people exchange thoughts in writing; some she just writes. Either way, you need to spend time on all of them and address everything. It takes time but it is her emotions and you can’t half-ass this shit. If you are not certain what a submissive’s journal is, here’s a link. I recommend a shared account with password encryption should you end up splitting. She should needs the right & ability to delete the whole thing immediately or she never will fully share anyways.
- Tasks & Assignments – play a bit. There are a million places to get fun ideas to take things to another level. She is a submissive so she will fucking love this stuff. More than even you. No panties plugged in public. Upskirt selfie at the market. Edging for an hour then a writing about it. A story, she can write. The list goes on and on.
- Phone Sex, Sexting, Video, and Chatting – Since you are LDR, there is nothing quite like hearing her cum in your ear as you rub one out telling her to touch her pussy and all the filthy things you are going to do. This is not really “training” but as you may have gathered – my version of training is just “learning somebody” and this is very very intimate.
- Communication – this is kind of a no brainer but needs to be said anyways. Be available. Don’t let her wonder. Don’t ever see lack of communication or the “silent treatment” as a punishment – ever. Man up. Talk and listen and even disagree, but communicate.
- Commitment – now some people can make the poly thing work just fine but the key is not monogamy vs poly, it is that you are available to her emotions and you treat her in a way that fulfills her needs. If you are still out there hunting for subs, she needs to know. Plain and simple.
Last, maybe develop a blog that people get wet over and make all your posts about her. Make her the centerpiece. Oh, wait. That’s my thing. #winks2kitten