Well, I always bake a bunch of Pumpkin Pies, because people love them and they are easy as…well, easy as pie. I’ll do the Apple Pies (dutch and lattice) because I prefer those the best. I’ll do a Rhubarb Pie if I can find frozen Rhubarb, and pretty much each year I do a new one that I haven’t done yet before.
This year – I think it would be fun to do a Rapunzel Raspberry Pie. Obviously, I bake with kids so it doesn’t hurt that this looks delicious too, though I’ll probably opt for the Greek Yogurt version and my own crust recipe. Here are the directions and ingredients for the pie:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups raspberries
- Pie crust (2)
- Place crust into pie dish.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Add in sugar, flour and salt. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Pour into crust.
- Roll out second pie dough until it is very thin.
- Cut the pastry into 1-2″ sections. Braid pieces together and place on top of pie.
- Use a small star-shaped cookie cutter on the remaining pastry pieces. Press stars around the edge of the pie. Cover edge with foil to prevent burning.
- Bake in 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Hope it doesn’t suck.